- To develop monitoring protocols, survey methods, and assessment procedures to characterise the consequences of physical degradation and restoration for river ecosystems and its services by stakeholders and river managers.
- To develop guidelines and criteria for the use of analytical models and other quantitative tools for river assessment and restoration, and for the design of cost-effective hydromorphologically relevant restoration and mitigation measures.
- To expand and improve an online and interactive encyclopedia for river restoration projects.
- To develop instruments for end-users to support decision making, and risk and benefits analyses for planning successful river restoration programmes.
D6.2 Final report on methods, models, tools to assess the hydromorphology of rivers
- Part 1 Main report with overall framework for hydromorphological assessment (online; November 2015)
- Part 2 Thematic annexes on protocols for monitoring indicators and models (online; November 2015)
- Part 3 Guidebook for the application of the Morphological Quality Index (MQI) (online; November 2015)
- Part 4 Geomorphic Units survey and classification System (GUS) (online; November 2015)
- Part 5 Applications to several case studies (online; November 2015)