As part of the series of national stakeholder worshops taing place under REFORM, UPM (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid) is leading the organisation of a session in Sevilla, Spain. The general aim of the workshop is to raise awareness and interest of water managers and stakeholders on the REFORM Project and its results. Local academics and River Basin Authorities will engage with international scientists to discuss about the advances in knowledge on hydro-morphological and ecological processes and elicit links to the current needs and applied approaches in the vicinity of Seville.
The workshop topics will be:
- Spanish River Restoration Practices
- Restoration constrains in Mediterranean Rivers
- Stakeholder preferences and decision support for river rehabilitation
- Benchmarking and targets for river restoration
- Multi-scale framework for river characterization and restoration
- Sediment flux and river responses in semiarid rivers
- River Restoration Practices: European experiences
For further information on the workshop please see the attached programme.
UPDATE: The speaker's presentations can be accessed here.